Saturday 15 September 2012

It's not fair!

How often do we feel or hear someone say that something's not fair? Well, I want to add my voice too.

It's not fair:
  • That I have clean water to drink
  • That I have enough food to eat
  • That I have a roof over my head and warmth when it's cold
  • That I have felt safe within a reasonable rule of law
  • That I have good health
  • That I received a good education
  • That I have a job which is fulfilling and interesting
  • That my income puts me in the richest one or two percent in the world*
  • That I have lived nearly 6 decades without experiencing war at first hand.

Nor is it fair that Jesus found me and took me under His saving wing**.

It's not fair!

--------------
* See www.givingwhatwecan.org/ or www.globalrichlist.com to see where your income lies in the world rankings
** This last point, alone in the above list, is available to everyone. However, it's totally undeserved, and so is also not fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment