Thursday 10 February 2011

An Atheist's prayer

Charles Darwin who art dead,
Hallowed be your name.
Thy evolution happens
and it will be done on earth.
As I'm fitter than you, I'll get my daily bread
even if I have to tread on you to do it.
Thank god I don't have any sins,
but heaven forbid anyone sins against me.
And lead me not to consider any alternative,
but deliver me from these blesséd Christians, who should be extinct.
For the science, the intellectual high-ground and the intelligence are mine
now, and until we have evolved enough to wipe out all life on Earth.
Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I should say as a 'PS', that I have nothing against Darwin, who was undoubtedly brilliant. Equally, it appears that much of what he observed and proposed is right - though, like all scientific theories, it will inevitably have its limits or errors. Only time will tell and God will know what these are.

    But I do object to the people who appear to deify him, hence this piece.

    ReplyDelete