Tuesday 24 January 2012

We choose to be stupid

"I'm sorry, I didn't know, I didn't realise, I didn't think, it wasn't my fault ..."

We choose not to ask
We choose to fill our minds with trivia
We choose not to look into matters too deeply
We choose to listen only to the reassuring voices
We choose to spend our time being busy doing little of worth
We choose to think only about ourselves and our very small circle
We choose to speak fine-sounding but meaningless nonsense
We choose to shut our eyes and turn a blind eye
We choose not to address the difficult issues
We choose to believe the reassuring lies
We choose to go along with the crowd
We choose not to make the effort
We choose to be stupid

We choose our destiny.


"Anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God." James 4 v4
"Wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it." Matthew 7 v13

No comments:

Post a Comment